8.26.2010

Canister labels

UPDATE: The lovely Cathe Holden herself commented on this little post, and had some fabulous advice for using decal paper to get the labels on your canisters. Here's what she said:

"The decal paper is great, it turns your art into decals just like the vintage ones. It's not cheap (mostly because of the shipping), but I bought a booty-load at once for future projects as well. You print, spray with clear acrylic, then trim out, soak a in water for seconds and the decal slides right off for placing on your canister. Everything but the lettering/graphics disappears if you're working with a light colored surface."

Thanks Cathe!


I have these hideous canisters on my counter for flour and sugar. I'm pretty sure I've had them since college. Hideous. I've had my eye on some new ceramic ones at Ikea for awhile, and I've just found the perfect way to dress them up.

Cathe Holden of Just Something I Made has given us the gift of awesome label downloads! She's made one for just about everything you could find in the kitchen, and even has instructions for making them look beautiful on your canisters. Happy downloading!






via How About Orange.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Love these. What are you printing them on?

Jill McNamara said...

She recommended decal paper. I hadn't heard of it, but I guess it gives you a clear adhesive backing.

http://www.decalpaper.com/category-s/2.htm

Miss you guys! When will you be back our way?

Cathe Holden said...

Thanks for linking!! The decal paper is great, it turns your art into decals just like the vintage ones. It's not cheap (mostly because of the shipping), but I bought a booty-load at once for future projects as well. You print, spray with clear acrylic, then trim out, soak a in water for seconds and the decal slides right off for placing on your canister. Everything but the lettering/graphics disappears if you're working with a light colored surface.

Thanks again, enjoying YOUR blog!!

Jill McNamara said...

Thanks for the mini-tutorial Cathe! I'll add it to the blog post. And thanks for reading!

P.S. I spent at least an hour on your blog the other day, reading through all your old posts. So glad I've found it!!

Jill

Related Posts with Thumbnails